Sunday, May 3, 2009

A blog post a day keeps the people who pester me to post in my blog away.

The year: 1999
The place: K*B Toy Works, Hazleton PA
The goal: Be the greatest Pokémon master!

Charles has just put out his fourth fire energy card, and I know he's got a Charizard in his deck.

But, it's my turn and I've got to redeem myself.
Draw.
Blastoise! Perfect.

I throw down my newly drawn Blastoise, quickly attach 3 water energy cards to him, and end my turn.

It's now or never, Chuck. Are you going to play your Charizard?

Little surprise, he does. He attacks. Fire Spin throws Blastoise off balance, but he recovers quickly. Fire doesn't have a great effect on water Pokémon. Charles' turn is done.

Game time.

"Blastoise, use your Water Pump attack!"

The giant blue Pokémon's shell gets larger as he fills himself with water. Suddenly the water cannons on his back swell. This won't be pretty.

Without warning two powerful bolts of water shoot from Blastoise's back. Charzard writhes in pain as he is smothered by the 100s of gallons of water that have just been shot at him.

With an earth shattering smash, Charizard falls to the ground. The flame on his tail has disappeared.

That's it. I've won!

Nearing tears, Charles retrieves his Charizard into his Pokéball and sulks to the floor.

I've defeated the final gym master at Cinnabar Island! At long last the Volcano Badge is mine!

And then my mom came to pick me up in her minivan.

1 comment: